This article applies to the following permission levels:
|✅ Contributor||✅ Author||✅ Designer||✅ Admin|
Approval: Approval is given by your default reviewer when they are satisfied with how your document looks. Most documents in Outfit require approval before the creator is able to export, download, print or share the collateral.
Document: Documents can be created by users from their available suite of Templates. These documents can then have their content edited based on the Inputs that are available in that template. The starting point for a document's content is the templates default content. An admin can limit users access to only certain template variations.
The person who requests a document be reviewed for approval.
This article will allow the user to understand how to check the approval status on a document that has been submitted for approval.
What is checking for approval status?
Checking for approval status is the process a user will undertake in order to check the status of their document once it has been sent for approval.
There is multiple status' that any document will possess:
- Where a document is yet to be edited and requires approval, it will be labelled as 'Unapproved'.
- Awaiting Review
- Where a document has been submitted for approval, it will be labelled as 'Awaiting Review'.
- Changes Requested
- Where a document has had further changes requested, it will be labelled as 'Changes Requested'. The author will then be required to make this changes and send back for review.
- Approved with Changes
- Where a document has had changes made by the reviewer/approver, and was then approved, it will be labelled as 'Approved with Changes'. This means any changes have already been made at the discretion of the reviewer, and you are now able to export your document.
- Where a document has been approved by the default reviewer, it will be labelled as 'Approved'.
How to Check Approval Status
- There are 2 main methods to check the approval status of a document. The first is seen in the project where the document you have submitted for approval is located. On the thumbnail of each document within the project, it will show the status of the document. Below we can see the three documents each with a different status displayed as per the above definitions.
- The second method is to navigate to the 'Approvals' section on the sidebar navigation. Here you'll be able to filter between 'Pending' and 'Approved' documents, as well as filtering between 'Projects', 'Users', and setting the required date parameters to locate the document and check its status.
Supporting video tutorial