Searching and finding the right template
This article applies to the following permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||✅ Author||✅ Admin||✅ Designer|
Template: Templates are files that act as a starting point when creating documents. Templates contain pre-formatted elements to help you design your collateral according to your brand's style guidelines. Each template is populated with and controlled by a number of Inputs which allow users to edit the documents content.
This article will provide users with tips to find the templates they are looking for in the Template Library.
What is the Template Library?
The Template Library is where all of your organisation's available templates are stored in the Outfit platform. This is where you will go to find and add a new template to your project.
How to find the right template in the Template Library
On the Projects screen, click the "New document" button or "Create new document" from the sidebar navigation
Once you are in the Template Library, you can search for templates by:
a) Using the side menu to search by category
b) Searching keywords in the search field at the top of the page (e.g. "signage", "PDF", "A5").
- Click on a template tile to reveal a preview and description of the template. This will help you to choose a template that is the right size and format.
Once you have selected one or more templates, they will appear in the cart tray at the bottom of the screen. From here, either preview the template or click the "Create document/Select a project" button to continue.
- Select where to store the new documents. You can either select an existing project, or create a new one.
- Confirm 'Create Document'.
Alternatively, you can create/open a project first and them add the document to the project.
- In the Projects screen, click on the project in which you would like the template to live. Alternatively, you may want to create a new project for the template by clicking on the grey 'New project' button.
- Once you are inside a project, click the "+ New" button on the top right to open the Template Library.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can't find the template that I am looking for?
If you can't find a template that suits your needs, please reach out to your administrator as they may be able to tell you what templates are available, or you may be able to request for a new template to be built through them. Please note, all templates that you see in Outfit are prescribed by your organisation's Brand or Marketing team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.