This article applies to the following permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||❌ Author||❌ Designer||✅ Admin|
Announcement: These are customisable messages that are composed in the Outfit Platform. Announcements can be sent to all users and teams, or specific users or teams. Once sent, the users will receive an email.
Featured Slide: The notification banner that appears at the top of the ‘Projects’ screen to communicate organisation announcements to Outfit users.
This article will inform Admin users how to create, edit and publish Featured Slides, and how to compose and send out Announcements to users & teams.
NOTE: Featured Slides Size Recommendation:
If you are creating your featured slide banner outside of the Outfit platform, we recommend using an image that is 1920px wide and then a consistent height for all your slides (usually around the 300 - 500px range).
How to create & publish featured slides
1. To create a featured slide, navigate to Account Settings > Featured Slides
2. To create a new featured slide, click on the green + New Slide button.
3. Enter in the copy for your headline, subheader and button.
4. Customise the colour of your headline, subheader and button background and text colour using the colour selection tool.
5. Select the next tab called Background.
6. Either enter in a background image or background thumbnail. Or, alternatively, select a background colour using the colour selection tool.
7. Customise the blend mode and background permission, should you wish to.
8. Select the next tab called Settings.
9. Customise whether you want the button on the featured slide to go to a project kit, training article or URL, and fill in the relevant selection for each.
10. Customise the visibility of the featured slide by either leaving it as the default for all teams, or selecting one or more teams.
11. Toggle the featured slide to published once you are happy with the customisation.
12. If you would like to customise the featured slide further, select the next tab called advanced.
13. Customise the CSS for the heading, subheading and button should you wish to
How to create and send out an announcement
1. To create an Announcement, navigate to Teams and Users and select the green Send Announcement button.
2. Compose your announcement subject line and body copy and use the formatting options available.
3. Customise the audience of the announcement by either leaving it as the default for everyone or untick the box to select specific users or teams.
4. Select send once you wish to deploy your announcement.