This article applies to the following permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||❌ Author||❌ Designer||✅ Admin|
Document: Documents can be created by users from their available suite of templates. These documents can then have their content edited based on the Inputs that are available in that template. The starting point for a document's content is the templates default content. An admin can limit users access to only certain variations of a template.
Template: Templates are files that act as a starting point when creating documents. Templates contain pre-formatted elements to help you design your collateral according to your brand's style guidelines. Each template is populated with and controlled by a number of Inputs which allow users to edit the document's content.
In this article, you'll learn how to grant and remove user access in Outfit.
How to invite a new user
Navigate to the Users and Teams page from the main menu, and select the Users tab.
Click ‘Create User’.
Fill out the user’s name and email address.
- Assign the appropriate user role. Authors are content authors who only have access to projects and documents; Designers have access to creating templates and Admins have access to everything.
You can also determine if authors are exported restricted. After making changes to a document, exported restricted authors will need to request approval before exporting.
- Add any teams the new user will be a part of. If they are an author, they will not be able to access or create Projects or Documents until they are a member of a team.
If you don’t want the new user to have access to Outfit just yet, uncheck ‘Send invitation on creation’. You can send (or resend) an invitation from the Users page at a later date.
- Click 'Create'.
How to bulk-invite new users
You can use the Bulk Create feature to add many users at once.
- From the Users page, click ‘Bulk Create User’.
- Follow the page instructions to upload a CSV with the required user information, matching the format in the example, and click ‘Next’.
- Confirm the imported user information, and make any changes if required.
Click ‘Create & Invite' to finish the import. Alternatively, uncheck 'Send invitation on creation' and click 'Create' if you want to invite the users at a later date.
How to remove a user
You can remove any user from the Users page by searching for their name and clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
Deleting a user will not delete their projects or documents so team members can still access them unless they are set to private. It is recommended that any documents are re-assigned prior to deleting a user.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a user be a member of multiple teams?
Yes, there is no limit on the number of teams a member can belong to.