This article applies to the following permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||✅ Author||✅ Designer||✅ Admin|
Document: Documents can be created by users from their available suite of templates. Documents are the individual pieces of collateral that live inside a project folder e.g. brochures, web ads, signage, business cards, social media tiles etc. These documents can be edited based on the inputs available in that template. Documents may or may not require approval in order to be exported and downloaded, shared or printed.
Input: An input is a globally accessible tag that gives authors the ability to populate an Outfit document with content. There are various types of inputs that can be utilised to help make documents as customisable, or as stringent as necessary. Inputs come in different types which are appropriate for different forms of content.
This article will provide the user with an understanding of the how to utilise comments and add them to documents.
How to add comments to documents
- You can add comments inside a document only when you're editing the document. From the edit screen, click the speech bubble icon next to Inputs.
- This will then switch you from the Inputs view to the Conversation view. Inside the Conversation view, you will find current comments added by other users (if there are any) and will have the ability to interact with these comments or add new ones.
- To add a comment, simply select the "Write a comment.." editor and type in your comment. You can choose to assign the comment to a user where they will receive a notification and/or tag a certain input that you maybe referring to.
- Click "Send" once you're happy with the comment, assigned it to user and/or tagged an input.
- You can also view and add input specific comments by editing the input and selecting the speech bubble. Input specific comments will have a blue input labelled tag under it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of notifications does the user I assign the comment receives?
The user that you assigned the comment to or started a conversation with will be notified via email and via the in-app notification tab on the top right hand corner of your screen.