This article applies to the following permission levels:
|❌ Contributor||✅ Author||✅ Designer||✅ Admin|
Document: Documents can be created by users from their available suite of templates. Documents are the individual pieces of collateral that live inside a project folder e.g. brochures, web ads, signage, business cards, social media tiles etc. These documents can be edited based on the inputs available in that template. Documents may or may not require approval in order to be exported and downloaded, shared or printed.
Project: Projects are folders that house a selection of a user’s documents.
Project Kit: A project kit is a folder that contains a preset collection of templates that authors can use as a starting point when creating their own projects.
What does it mean to duplicate a project?
Duplicating a project allows you to make a carbon copy of a project and all of its contained documents inside of a brand new project.
Duplicating a project is handy if there are a collection of documents within a project that you (or your team) frequently access, or if there is not a project kit that currently containing all of your desired documents. It also prevents:
a) Users accidentally editing over the top of an existing document.
b Users from having to continuously re-add documents from the Template Library.
How to duplicate a project
- Select the project that you'd like to duplicate.
- Once inside the project, select the 'Settings' tab at the top of the screen.
- In the Project Settings, scroll down to the section titled 'Duplicate Project'.
- In this section, give the duplicate a unique name to differentiate it from the original project.
- Choose which team you would like the duplicate project to be assigned to.
- Click the green 'Duplicate' button.
- The duplicate project will now appear in the 'Projects' screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why aren't all of the contents from the original document transferring over to the new document?
Some data from the original document may be unique or restricted to a particular user or team and therefore can not be carried over to the duplicate document.