Document Conversations gives authors the ability to easily collaborate and contribute on the editing and populating of documents. Within the document editing, view authors can start general conversations, specifically target inputs for further review and resolve feedback in a matter of minutes.
Accessing Document Conversations
- Select the desired document(s) and click
- Click the speech bubble icon () in the top corner of the left sidebar to view a list of Conversations for the opened document(s).
Starting a General Conversation
A General Conversation can be defined as a Conversation that is started without any specifically mentioned inputs, content or authors.
- With the Conversations pane open simply click on the
Write Somethingtext-area and compose your comment.
- A General Conversation is applied to those documents that are currently opened at the time of commenting. So if I was to begin a Conversation with an MREC Google Ad and an A3 Poster open that comment will be applied to those documents only.
- Once you’re happy with your comment hit the
Starting a Specific Conversation
- With the Conversations pane open click on the
Write Somethingtext-area and draft a comment.
- After doing so, click on the Tag icon () to display the Specific Conversation settings. This gives Authors the ability to target a specific user to share the comment with or comment on a specific document or input.
- Press the
Enterkey to send the Comment.
Editing & Deleting a Comment
- On a posted comment click the Pencil icon () to edit it’s contents.
- Click the Trash icon () on a posted comment to Delete a comment
Adding Content Snippets to a Conversation
When editing a text input users have the ability to comment on a specific selection of words in that text input.
- From the sidebar click on a Text input with a populated value (ie. a headline input with the value of, “Buy our SaaS Platform Now!”)
- Highlight a portion of that string (ie. “our SaaS Platform”)
- Once highlighted a button reading
Add comment for highlighted text, click it
- Add the comment (ie. “Can we please change it to just say the following? Buy Outfit Now!”)
Replying to an initial Comment
Conversations are a two way street! When a Conversation has been started other authors or tagged authors have the ability to Reply.
- From the Conversations pane in the left sidebar click on
Repliesat the bottom of a comment
- View a list of the replies or compose a reply in the bottom of the sidebar in the
Resolving a Conversation
The majority of conversations will have an actionable item to resolve (ie. a headline to tweak or an image to change), so authors have the ability to resolve a Conversation once the conversation item is actioned.
- To Resolve a Conversation simply click the Tick in the top right hand corner of that particular Conversation’s card. This will close the conversation from any further replies.
With the ability to open many documents at once the Conversations pane can be a complex beast at times. However simply click the Settings cog ( - found within the Conversations pane) to filter Conversations by either the documents that are currently in the editing screen, or by the inputs available
Beyond this we have an alternative way of filtering by inputs. While an author is editing an input, they can click the Conversations button to see the specific Conversations to that input.
How to Empower Authors to Collaborate and Converse
On its own Document Conversations is a great utility, however coupled with the Invite to Collaborate tool you can super charge your collaborative workflows and empower authors to creatively craft documents to maximum potential.
Read the next help article, to discover how you can invite collaboraters to create with you.